1. Stories covered by WGN News at 9pm on February 4th, 2014
2. Hard Covered Stories
- Weather, showing pictures they took of weather that were submitted to WGN
- Firefighters caught in fire
- Tollway worker killed on job last week on i-88
- Investigation on mayor Dally’s nephew punched a man- Trying to homicide in 2004 cover up. He said he was only protecting himself from David kosman (self defense)
Soft Feature Stories
- Governor Quin wants to purpose budget-5 year spending plan
- Sochi Russia is having problems with hotels being build. Showing twitter posts from drinking water, she took a picture and posted it.
- Sports-Bulls having a rough month, hawks having emotional night from Kane’s story.
- Facebook turns 10 years old today.-Users posted pictures from the past 10 years. Their goal is for Facebook to grow over the next ten years in tying to re invent itself.
- Target being hacked
- Man saves dog and owner from lake Michigan-Good Samaritan helped out dog and man are stable condition
- Hinsdale middle school returned to school today closed to mold
- People came down with half disease swelling skeleton muscle in buffalo fish,- Any fish bought After Jan. 30th cooking does not kill it. Could develop symptoms
- BIT coin “cyber money”-Internet currency that has been a secret for a while.
- Memory not as effective as we think. Studies shown memory is in a constant stat of change.
- Racial hostility in train yards African American conductor afraid to go make to work after he was failed to be protected by hateful language racial slurs assaulted by men.
3. The story that appealed to me the most would the memory study. Studies show memory is in a constant state of change. Northwestern memory study medical research had ran simple tests on participants and did MRA scans. What makes this story “newsworthiness” exactly? I would say this story fits under the Relevance category. This effects every single person in some way or another, the headline was “Your memory may not be as effective as you think” Just by hearing that, People want to hear about how it is rev lent to themselves. They had shown the tests they ran on the participants and its results. They included who exactly was in charge of this study and offered additional information about the study, They seemed to have reliable sources. It stuck with me especially because I consider myself to have a bad memory and was immediately interested in what kind of studies they did and what they found. They provide this link for more information.
Here is the link to WGN covering the story: (Includes video) http://wgntv.com/2014/02/04/study-minds-incorporate-new-information-into-original-memories/
For more information, WGN provided this link: